POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic field an= : Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel= Server Time
14 May 2024 03:01:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel=
From: clipka
Date: 30 Oct 2017 10:04:38
Message: <59f73176$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.10.2017 um 13:31 schrieb cbpypov:

> THE CORRECT ERROR CODE:
>
>   Internal limit exceeded in FixedSimpleVector
>   ==== [Rendering...] ========================================================
>   Fatal error in renderer: A POV-Ray internal nesting limit was reached.
>   Render failed
>
> It occurs only if the number of emitters is too large and when their auras
> are rendered as a media statements in a large contain (called Alain's version by
> me, above).
>
> Still any hints on this appreciated :)

Ah, yes, that makes a lot more sense (to the trained eye, at any rate).

While nowadays (v3.7 and later) most of POV-Ray uses dynamically-sized
data structures for lists and stuff, there is a handful of data
structures that are still fixed in size, as we haven't managed yet to
get rid of them without degrading performance.

The size of those data structures was chosen quite arbitrarily, with the
corresponding constants being defined in `source/core/configcore.h`.
Search for `FixedSimpleVector Sizes`.

No way around this except re-compiling POV-Ray with tweaked constant sizes.