POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic field an= : Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel= Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example images for the related post: "Rendering an electromagnetic fiel=
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Oct 2017 16:15:14
Message: <59f4e552@news.povray.org>
On 28/10/2017 20:25, Bald Eagle wrote:
> "cbpypov" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> Alain wrote:
>>> You should use a single container. When you have multiple medias within
>>> a single container, they add up.
>>> Multiple densities within the same media will multiply instead.
>
> The latter is not what I expected at all!

Nor me. Very interesting.
But maybe that is why I use multiple media.

> I see you are using Stephen's df3 code - but since all of your media statements
> and densities are identical except for color, I don't think you need to use 3
> statements - just one, with a full rgb value.

Not to my eye. ;)
If you look at them using the df3 viewer Ooswa*. They are distinctly
different.

> It's 2017 over here  ;)

:D

Clipka used to post mails with weird time stamps too. ;)

Great image BTW

* It is a seriously useful tool for working with df3s. And the author
has fixed the problem with exporting a mesh of a df3. Which might be a
way of working out how to place the df3s in the common media container

http://qcganime.web.fc2.com/OOSAWA/oosawaE.html

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'efield_energy_in_superspace_b.png' (114 KB) Download 'efield_energy_in_superspace_g.png' (117 KB) Download 'efield_energy_in_superspace_r.png' (112 KB)

Preview of image 'efield_energy_in_superspace_b.png'
efield_energy_in_superspace_b.png

Preview of image 'efield_energy_in_superspace_g.png'
efield_energy_in_superspace_g.png

Preview of image 'efield_energy_in_superspace_r.png'
efield_energy_in_superspace_r.png