POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vermeer's Cat - part 1 : Vermeer's Room Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Vermeer's Room
From: Ive
Date: 16 Oct 2017 07:26:13
Message: <59e49755@news.povray.org>
Here is a view with a wide angle camera into Vermeer's atelier to show
the setup used for all cat images.
The camera position is within the (hypothetical) doorframe, the (also
hypothetical) third window is covered by a rug (as I am lazy - and the
rug was not meant to be seen directly - I didn't bother to drape it with
more care) to achieve the typical lighting as seen in Vermeer's paintings.
The painting on the left (totally hypothetical) is by Ambrosius
Bosschaert, another Flemish artist of the Dutch Golden Age.

The sky (and only source of illumination) is one of the free Dutch skies
from
https://www.dutch360hdr.com/shop/
and the buildings are just billboards created from Vermeer's painting
"View Of Delft".

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: