POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Victorian House : Re: Victorian House Server Time
21 May 2024 02:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Victorian House
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Oct 2017 03:48:30
Message: <59df1e4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/10/2017 07:36, And wrote:
>> No; there is only one `inside_vector` per mesh; it tells POV-Ray that in
>> order to test whether a given point is inside the mesh or not, it should
>> shoot a ray in the direction specified by that parameter, and count the
>> number of surfaces encountered in that direction. If the count is odd,
>> the point must be inside the mesh; if the count is even, the point must
>> be outside.
> Well, that it seems poseray adds a symbolic vector, because <0,0,1> does not
> inside my model in fact. And it shouldn't get such an information because the
> mesh was output from sketchup it does not contain that,

That is probably because PoseRay was designed to create mesh2's for
PovRay. So when things change in PovRay FlyerX updates PoseRay to
reflect that.

> moreover most of the
> mesh 3d model does not have a well construct that contain a inside/ outside
> distinction.

Which is probably because Sketchup was designed to upload content to
Google Earth. Not to a quality renderer.
Which is not a criticism of Sketchup. It produces good results as your
images show.

--

Regards
     Stephen