POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Victorian House : Re: Victorian House Server Time
20 May 2024 22:10:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Victorian House
From: clipka
Date: 11 Oct 2017 12:21:12
Message: <59de44f8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.10.2017 um 16:35 schrieb And:

>>> So I see that it states an "inside_vector <0,0,1> "(from poseray) in the last
>>> item in each mesh2 object. It does not contain sufficient information.
>>
>> With that statement, the mesh should work fine in CSG difference (or
>> intersection or union, for that matter).
>>
>> Not sure what you mean by "it does not contain sufficient information".
>
> Because there is just one vector <0,0,1> at the end, I suppose that it should
> be a lot of vectors. Maybe each face have one vector, and should vary from face
> to face, I don't know。。。 I suppose it should look like
> that.

No; there is only one `inside_vector` per mesh; it tells POV-Ray that in
order to test whether a given point is inside the mesh or not, it should
shoot a ray in the direction specified by that parameter, and count the
number of surfaces encountered in that direction. If the count is odd,
the point must be inside the mesh; if the count is even, the point must
be outside.