POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent PNGs : Re: Transparent PNGs Server Time
21 May 2024 22:06:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent PNGs
From: clipka
Date: 11 Oct 2017 06:49:58
Message: <59ddf756$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.10.2017 um 12:31 schrieb Sven Littkowski:

> I want to mention another problem that I have since I switched monitors
> (now using a 16:9 monitor): the object of the scene has shifted to the
> right side.
>
> I tried to create a better camera, but still fail to get the 0.0 center
> of the scene as center of the camera. Any assistance?
>
> This is what i have now:
>
> camera
> {
>  location < 0.0,  0.0, -50.0 >
>  look_at  < 0.0,  0.0,   0.0 >
>  right 1.77*x
> }

That should work just fine -- at any resolution.

Are you sure it's not just your display software?

A test scene might be helpful.

(Also, I'd recommend using `right x*16/9` rather than the fudgy factor
of 1.77; with full-resolution renders it does make a difference of
something in the order of 10-20 pixels. Or use `right
x*image_width/image_height` to be independent of output image aspect ratio.)