POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object pattern and meshes: no go? : Object pattern and meshes: no go? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:39:57 EDT (-0400)
  Object pattern and meshes: no go?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Oct 2017 03:31:47
Message: <59dc7763$1@news.povray.org>
Struggling with object patterns (using meshes) I came across the
following comment by Sam Benge in 2007 for his edge_pigment02.inc macro.

[quote]
And of course you can never use this with meshes. That is, not until
somebody figures out how to convince POV into turning a mesh into a
bona-fide object pattern...
[/quote]

Getting strange results myself, I wonder if this is still true for the
current versions of POV-Ray? Are meshes (still) unsuited for use with
object patterns?

--
Thomas