POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A couple parser performance issues/optimizations. : A couple parser performance issues/optimizations. Server Time
2 May 2024 21:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  A couple parser performance issues/optimizations.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 6 Oct 2017 13:18:35
Message: <59d7baeb$1@news.povray.org>
I've borrowed some code Bill Walker (Bald Eagle) posted in the
"Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature?"  thread started by Ronkar to
demonstrate a couple of parser performance issues/user-optimizations.

1) Comments in inner loops are costly. 2) Functions are often much
faster than macros.

With both, parser performance can be positively affected by how we code.
  Perhaps, the parser code itself can better handle comments. Details
and sample code are part of my comment today to the github issue:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/313

Bill P.