POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proximity Pattern testing : Re: Proximity Pattern testing Server Time
13 May 2024 20:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Pattern testing
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Oct 2017 03:22:18
Message: <59d1e92a@news.povray.org>
On 29-9-2017 13:23, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 29-9-2017 10:45, Mr wrote:
>> Hi, it looks like a good basis, but reflections appear slightly too
>> strong/
>> crisp/ homogenous:
>>
>> Here are three workarounds maybe some already used:
>> *roughness in uberpov reflection block
>
> Yes, something to try indeed.
>
>> *use conserve_energy / albedo + fresnel in reflection block with an
>> explicit ior
>
> I used the finish statement as given by Norbert Kern in his brass
> texture. Can be improved of course ;-)
>
>> *use the proximity pattern as a texture map for the "finish map" trick
>> (http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.2/82/) to modulate
>> reflections and
>> make less of them where metal is corroded/oxidized
>
> As far as I know, it does that already.

There were more things no working correctly.
- I put in a proper radiosity block, which was lacking;
- corrected the light probe illumination;
- used roughness on the reflections of the brass

I shall stop here for now.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ep_proximity_test.jpg' (93 KB)

Preview of image 'ep_proximity_test.jpg'
ep_proximity_test.jpg