POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange parsing error : Re: Strange parsing error Server Time
2 May 2024 06:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange parsing error
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 30 Sep 2017 13:08:44
Message: <59cfcf9c$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/30/2017 11:44 AM, kurtz le pirate wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Parse with PovRay 3.7 i get this error :
>      Line 99 : Bad operands for period operator.
>
> For me, line #94 and #99 are similar, and no error for line 94.

I think there must be other things going on to get into the parse issue.
I don't see anything amiss(1) in what you posted and several quick tests
here after adding a little boiler plate code around you snippet run OK
for me.

Bill P.

(1) Not a parse issue, but better to use #declare in both if conditions
when setting the external array.