POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color_maps? : Re: color_maps? Server Time
4 May 2024 06:51:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color_maps?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Sep 2017 03:02:36
Message: <59cc9e8c$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-9-2017 21:11, Leroy wrote:
> I was going though my old window programs I wrote for POV. I have one for making
> & editing Color_maps. It's a good program, but it is limited to placing the
> colors at points that are multiples of 1/255. I was thinking of fixing this and
> adding a browse function that'll let you see a previews of color maps if a file.
> Does anyone comments, Ideas?
>
> Would anyone use it?

I believe everything important has been pointed at by Bald Eagle. I
won't repeat here. I am fond of these kind of programs; for instance, I
use quite often ColorPicker by Sven Littkowski. I would be helped if the
program would show the rgb and srgb values of a given colour (map).

Btw, I delved into my files and lo! There it was! I confess that I have
not used it in a very long time but that could change with a new
(expanded?) version.

--
Thomas