POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proximity Pattern testing : Re: Proximity Pattern testing Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Pattern testing
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Sep 2017 03:26:15
Message: <59c36997@news.povray.org>
[reading]
"Elementary, my dear Watson", said Sherlock Holmes, picking up the violin.
"Come on, Holmes, you do not pretend to have solved the disappearance of
Lord Gutenbach, do you? Even for you this case might be too difficult!"
The detective smiled while tuning the violin. "But I do have solved the
case, my friend. I often told you that when you had ruled out all the
obvious reasons, the most unlikely ones would prove to hold the key to
the mystery."
"And what was the key in this case?", asked Watson with a sceptical air.
"Oh, it was obvious once I thought about it. The key, my dear Watson,
was the index finger of Lord Gutenbach's left glove".
"You have lost me now, Holmes. Please explain."
"The key was the fact that it was a /yellow/ glove."

		From: The Gutenbach House Mystery; unpublished
[/reading]

Somehow the solution was elementary and yet still puzzling for me. The
object had been rotated 180 degrees /before/ calculating the df3, and
normally this should not have made a difference... except if I had
failed to take this rotation into account, somewhere, at a later stage.
I am unable yet to see where I went wrong but taking the rotation out
solves the case as the image shows.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ep_proximity_test.jpg' (136 KB)

Preview of image 'ep_proximity_test.jpg'
ep_proximity_test.jpg