POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proximity Pattern testing : Re: Proximity Pattern testing Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:57:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proximity Pattern testing
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Sep 2017 02:45:16
Message: <59c20e7c@news.povray.org>
On 19-9-2017 22:27, omniverse wrote:
> My having not done much like this I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but my
> attempts to apply slope dependent texture on a large CSG building didn't go as
> expected at all. Something about scale, I thought, or angular flat surfaces too.
>
> Things like your building texture makes me wonder if surfaces normal can get
> skipped over for others unintentionally. But its only the camera-facing wall,
> which seems it is around 45 degrees to the others, that makes me wonder if it's
> supposed to be that way.

I am still working on it but my assumption is that the df3 pattern was
not used correctly and spread over a larger building portion than
intended, due to the use of identical initial textures. May sound
completely incomprehensible, I know, but at least /I think/ I know what
I am saying ;-)

> Oh, BTW, is that lower window opening above the bridge a mistake? Trapezoid
> shape there, unlike any others. I haven't checked messages about the previous
> render to see if that was mentioned before.

Yes, that is perfectly all right :-) There are a few more at the back.
Those are windows in a winding staircase.

--
Thomas