POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 : Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 Server Time
5 May 2024 22:08:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9
From: Ive
Date: 19 Sep 2017 14:26:27
Message: <59c16153$1@news.povray.org>
Am 9/19/2017 um 8:44 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Night time in a city. I find the sky to be correct especially if there
> is some mist.

POV-Ray's scattering media with its Mie haze and Mie murky types to
create all kinds of atmospheric effects with ease is one of the features
that I miss in any other rendering engine I have used so far.

> I guess however, that the street lights are too close
> together. Normally, well, in my experience, there is some darkness
> remaining halfway between two lights. In your scene, the light cones are
> probably overlapping.

You are right, of course. I was planning for a night scene from the
beginning and in fear it might get too dark I did put a lot of street
lights quite close together in there. Silly me.

> Otherwise, an impressive image, even better than
> the day time scene imho.

Thanks Thomas.

-Ive