POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 : Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9 Server Time
6 May 2024 01:03:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling the Doctor - nighttime - 16:9
From: Ive
Date: 19 Sep 2017 14:01:58
Message: <59c15b96$1@news.povray.org>
Am 9/19/2017 um 18:14 schrieb omniverse:
> Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
>> ...as promised, here is a nighttime version. As it turns out, it looks
>> to my own surprise more like dusk or dawn but I'm ok with that.
> I would say that was worth the wait! The daytime picture was moody already but
> for me this one really gives it the right feel.
>
> I tried finding a photo I was lucky to get a while ago of a replica Tardis/phone
> box when some people were wheeling one into a hotel near me last year, or the
> year before. Couldn't locate it.
>
> Occurred to me the signal light on top might not have been white in the series,
> but I didn't find anything I was able to determine whether it was really blue or
> not. There are pictures showing it as yellow-white, white, blue-white and blue.
>
> And while I was looking, I thought about how the light might have only been on
> or flashing while the Tardis was on the move through time. Again, I didn't find
> anything to say one way of another.
>
> Did see this image showing actual police box design and the Doctor Who designs:
>
> http://merricks-tardis-build.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html
>
> I would guess yours is most like the real thing, judging from that.

The version in this image is the box used for the 12th incarnation of
the doctor. It has a more acrylic painted look, different windows and
top light than the version I posted about 4 years ago:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5231bd70@news.povray.org%3E/

This was the version of the 11th doctor with an overall more used look.

Both versions are based on the original BBC construction plans found
while following some links at

http://tardisbuilders.com

and textured with the help of blu-ray stills.

I made also a "Hartnell Box" (it is quite small compared to the newer
ones) and will make at least the one of the 4th doctor when I find the
time ;)

-Ive