POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Calling the Doctor : Re: Calling the Doctor Server Time
19 May 2024 22:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling the Doctor
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Sep 2017 04:51:12
Message: <59bf8900@news.povray.org>
On 18/09/2017 07:42, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 17-9-2017 15:56, Ive wrote:
>> Am 9/16/2017 um 12:43 schrieb Kenneth:
>>> The overhead bridge and the old van immediately caught my eye: both
>>> stunning,
>>> along with their textures and lighting. A REALLY nice image. I didn't
>>> notice the
>>> pretty girl 'til afterwards; I guess my POV-Ray priorities are rather
>>> skewed...
>>> ;-P
>>>

>> ...and I did spend more time trying to get her pose and expression
>> right (I'm not very good at this, TdG does this much better) than with
>> anything else ;)
>>

> LOL. You got her pose and expression well indeed.
>
> I was surprised though by that telephone /outside/ of the Tardis... to

You probably don't see, because the hatch is pointing towards the
camera. That the phone is kept inside the box and is accessed by opening
the small door.

I've refrained from commenting on this great image because I don't want
to nitpick. The Hippy van is too clean imo.
And, this is not a criticism, blue police boxes look wrong to me. It is
personal because police boxes in Glasgow were painted the same red as
post boxes. When Dr Who started it was broadcast in B&W. So it did not
look wrong.

--

Regards
     Stephen