POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : House restoration : Re: House restoration Server Time
17 May 2024 04:04:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: House restoration
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Sep 2017 03:23:09
Message: <59b639dd$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-9-2017 0:48, Stephen wrote:
> Lets wait until tomorrow to see if the Master of the Archives (Thomas)
> has it. If not I shall scrape the dust of my old machines and have a
> look. Or go through what I do have and try to get a working copy.

And there he is, gloriously rising from his Olympian couch in the light
of a new day! <cough...cough>

A little bit of history first. Over the years, there have been several
proximity pattern builders around, by James Coons (patina2), Rune
Johansen (patina), Sam Benge (fast_prox), and Edouard Poor
(DF3Proximity). They all have their plus and cons according to use and
type of object but I personally always have favoured Edouard Poor's one,
not in the least because it easily generates df3 files. So I shall
concentrate on that one.

Over the years, I have changed some things, in particular adding a
collection of default textures to be eventually used, but that may be
awkward. The best I could do in the end is to test each new object with
a standard full coloured texture and when satisfied, replace that with
my own texture.

I am going to brew a simple demo scene and put all necessary files into
p.b.scene-files later today (I hope).

--
Thomas