POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
18 May 2024 01:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: clipka
Date: 20 Aug 2017 16:15:09
Message: <5999edcd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.08.2017 um 03:30 schrieb Kenneth:
> Another view. No fog this time, but with radiosity (using the defaults, with
> brightness .6. I haven't yet worked out the best rad settings for this kind of
> scene... OR for an animated moving-camera version, which is even more
> demanding.)

Radiosity brightness .6 is unrealistic. If brightness 1.0 gives you too
bright indirectly-lit areas, your pigment*diffuse values are too high.

The only physically legitimate reason for using brightness is to set it
/above/ 1.0 when using a low recursion limit, to counteract the
resulting dimming in comparison to high recursion limit renders.