POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? : Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? Server Time
19 May 2024 12:00:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)?
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Aug 2017 08:29:38
Message: <59958c32$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/17/2017 1:00 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> I'd stop trying to use Blender if you want to render your scene in POV-Ray ----
> just convert your OBJ or STL to a mesh, and then do all the fine-tuning in
> POV-ray.

I think that is probably the best idea.
STL > OBJ > Mesh 2

Blender is an all things to all people program and there is so much to
learn.

> AND, as you know, you can post a (small) mesh and your scene file, and then
> someone can edit it to get it to work.

Actually I might download one of the Martian landscapes (Sven, which one
are you using?) and see what I can do. But first I am trying to unlock a
HDD from an old PVR and having problems with it and the utility I am
using hdat2.exe
So it might take a while.

--

Regards