POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? : Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:44:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)?
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Aug 2017 01:28:22
Message: <5993d7f6$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/16/2017 4:24 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> On 15.08.2017 05:25, Stephen wrote:

>> What you can do is activate the PovRay rendering addon then render the
>> scene. This will allow you to open the generated .pov file and extract
>> the mesh2 object. You can then edit it manually to add the inside_vector.
>> In blender the shortcut for making the normals consistent is (in edit
>> mode or it will open a new scene file) Ctrl + n or to make them face
>> inward is Ctrl + Shift + n
>>
> How can I activate the EDIT mode in Blender? I am really a beginner with
> Blender.

There is a lot of learning and Blender does not use the usual shortcuts.

Keeping your eye on the top status line that will tell you how many
objects you have selected. (That is the info screen which is normally
positioned at the top with only the status line showing.)
"a" toggles selecting all or none. Right click your object to select it.
"Tab" toggles between Object and Edit mode. Or you can use the drop down
on the bottom status line of the 3D view.
Again "a" toggles selecting all or no vertices, lines or faces.
Ctrl Z or Object > Undo history can be useful. ;)

It is good practice to always press Ctrl N when you have finished
editing. Otherwise you might get strange shadows in your render.

But as Mr has pointed out inside vector is not supported in Blender.

--

Regards
     Stephen