POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? : Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)?
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Aug 2017 05:25:10
Message: <5992bdf6$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/15/2017 8:34 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> I am trying to follow up now your advise. I opened Blender 2.78, and
> imported the STL file (MarsVallesMarineris2). But I never worked with
> Blender before. Where can I find the option to add an "inside_vector",
> and specify its direction?
>
> Might be, I have to ask you a few more things afterwards. But only 1x,
> soon i will be able to do it by myself. Hope you don't mind.

I don't know if you can, Sven. But maybe Mr will be able to answer you
properly.
What you can do is activate the PovRay rendering addon then render the
scene. This will allow you to open the generated .pov file and extract
the mesh2 object. You can then edit it manually to add the inside_vector.
In blender the shortcut for making the normals consistent is (in edit
mode or it will open a new scene file) Ctrl + n or to make them face
inward is Ctrl + Shift + n

--

Regards
     Stephen