POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:43:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 11 Aug 2017 05:41:16
Message: <598d7bbc$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 07.08.2017 01:46, Kenneth wrote:

> Hmm, that could take awhile. I wonder how many years I have left to live! :-P

That's the basic problem with computer-based creativity - the current
human lifespan is just too short to do really great things! If we had
300 instead of 30 years left, what could we achieve in all those years,
especially when collaborating? Entire star systems with planets worked
out to a millimetre scale, simulations of complex civilizations
inhabiting these star systems, down to the very individual people... a
full-fledged Khyberspace in various historical and alternate-historical
modes, with the beards and turban ends of its Afghans blowing physically
correct in the desert wind, of course featuring all the immersion
technologies of 22nd/23rd century virtual reality... perhaps
Transhumanism will enable us to live theoretically forever (unless its
energy source run out) in those worlds... or even emulate pre-computer
age human life with death and afterlife according to the concepts of the
various religions... for the inhabitants of Khyberspace, there for
example might be an implementation of the gruesome Islamic hell, an
infinitely painful endless loop... which only the highest-ranking
programmers of Khyberspace may break, therefore they are worshipped by
ordinary Khyberspace Afghans as a collective Allah... while only a few
yottabytes away, there flourishes a hyper-scientific intergalactic
civilization of immortal near-omniscient superhumans!

Keep on coding!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar