POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
24 Jun 2024 09:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Aug 2017 03:26:47
Message: <598967b7$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2017 7:56 AM, Kenneth wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 8/7/2017 8:46 PM, Kenneth wrote:
>>
>> No! I just passed the burnt out hulk today*. You don't want to use that. ;)
>>
> I've been following that tragedy on the BBC, here in the 'States. 'Awful' is the
> only word I can think of. PREVENTABLE is possibly another.

Criminal is a third word that is being investigated.
Luckily we don't need to worry too much about it in PovRay. :) Fires are
hard to render. Which brings me back on topic. Are you going to
incorporate your rolling smoke cloud in your new city?

The last I read (mid last month). There were almost 260 other buildings
that had failed the fire safety tests. Including a hospital.
That is what happens when you reduce regulations to save money.
Shortcuts are taken and fraud goes undetected.

--

Regards
     Stephen