POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings-- WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- WIP 2 Server Time
15 May 2024 01:36:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- WIP 2
From: Ive
Date: 7 Aug 2017 02:22:29
Message: <59880725$1@news.povray.org>
> I've included a screenshot of the only pertinent dialogs I can find in PS 5.0.
> (Plus my computer's video-chip info.) And I think I discovered an erroneous
> setting in the 2nd panel ("Profile To Profile"): RGB to LAB? That doesn't look
> right. I'm guessing it should be SRGB to SRGB(?) This level of technical detail
> is mysterious to me, honestly; I need to read up on those dialog boxes, in my
> handy "Photoshop 5.0 Bible."

NOPE. RGB to LAB is fine as PS uses internal L*a*b for most of its
filters and color manipulation. And possible settings are grayed out
anyway so the the user cannot mess them up - but don't ask me why they
appear at all.

But in the Profile Setup dialog you should set "Profile Mismatch
Handling" also to "Ask When Opening". Now - when you open a POV-Ray PNG
P'shop should pop up a dialog asking what to do - and you click at "shut
up and do nothing as otherwise you mess things up anyway" or whatever
checkbox text comes close to this.

*But* if you open any other file format lets say a JPEG from the web and
Photoshop asks what to do you should allow Photoshop to do its color
transformation as this usually mean P'shop has encountered a file with
an embedded ICC profile and will correctly transform it into it's
workspace RGB color space - whatever that might be - in your case
obviously sRGB.

And while P'shop always had and has its flaws it did  handle ICC
profiles already correctly in times when no other program did even know
that such a thing even exists.

> Thanks again for your help!

No problem and BTW a nice city project.

-Ive