POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating Animation problem. : Re: generating Animation problem. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:47:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generating Animation problem.
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Aug 2017 10:18:45
Message: <59808dc5$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/1/2017 2:44 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> Smooth translations between the camera positions and the look
>> at point can be obtained by using spline curves. It makes it more
>> complicated but it looks better.
>> Spline_Trans in Transforms.inc would be something to look at after Jay
>> got the basic transformations working.
>
> Yes, I was going to mention splines, although it looked like he just wanted to
> render a bunch of discrete frames.

It does and I was answering the next question. :)

> I'd think about the rate of travel along a hypotenuse vs a linear stretch, an
> consider using some sort of sin or cos modifier to slow down / speed up for
> smooth transitions, if that's the way he's going with this.

Before you do that. Have a look at this page on Friedrich A. Lohmüller's
website. I think you have mentioned his site before. No need to
re-invent the wheel unless it is for your own satisfaction in doing it.

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/animate/anim280e.htm

--

Regards
     Stephen