POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating Animation problem. : Re: generating Animation problem. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generating Animation problem.
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Aug 2017 08:25:34
Message: <5980733e$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/1/2017 12:48 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> "Jay" <pjy### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
>> i know how to make the first line (1)~(5)
>
> and how are you doing that?
>
>> but i can't figure out how to move camera(5) to (6) and goes on the movement.
>> anyone who know how to do this stuff, plz let me know. i appreciate
>

> I would make an array of vectors defining the camera locations, and then based
> on the clock/frame value, use that camera array element.
>
> #declare Cameras = array [25] {<x1, y1, z1>, ..., <xn, yn, zn>};
>
> camera {
>    location Cameras [frame_number]
>    look_at  <LAx, LAy, LAz>
>    right 1*x
>    up 1*y
> }

That is the way I would do it. Maybe using a Conditional Directive. For
instance; #if, #for, #switch etc. That would give discrete camera
positions. Smooth translations between the camera positions and the look
at point can be obtained by using spline curves. It makes it more
complicated but it looks better.
Spline_Trans in Transforms.inc would be something to look at after Jay
got the basic transformations working.

--

Regards
     Stephen