POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
19 May 2024 20:51:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Jul 2017 20:18:26
Message: <597bd452@news.povray.org>
On 27.07.2017 08:16, Stephen wrote:
> On 7/27/2017 12:19 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> On 27-7-2017 11:34, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone collect Sven's code? I don't fancy going through the thread
>>> to piece it all together. And I've not been following it closely.
>>>

>> This is the latest, with my amendments. See also the attached images I
>> used.
>>

> Thanks Thomas.
> The results were as expected. The shadows showing.
>
> But is this expected? It is the top of the balloon.
> [Drat! I can't put them inline.]
>
> Using Sven's original code. I imported it into Bishop3D correcting the
> errors one by one. Using the image maps you supplied. The second image
> is directly from Sven's code.
>

> What concerns me is:
>   image_map { png "H:\My Documents\My Pictures\POV-Ray\Space - Launcher
> - Balloon - Type 001 - Moon Runnings - Balloon Texture.png" }
>
> Are those spaces and dashes part of the file name?

Yes, they are part of the file names. But they cause no error message,
as POV-Ray gives them straight to the Windows system, and Windows is
handling the file management.

Please use my balloon texture for the outside, and let us know, if you
still get bumps.

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'space - launcher - balloon - type 001 - moon runnings - balloon texture.png' (882 KB)

Preview of image 'space - launcher - balloon - type 001 - moon runnings - balloon texture.png'
space - launcher - balloon - type 001 - moon runnings - balloon texture.png