POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
6 May 2024 12:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: clipka
Date: 27 Jul 2017 05:14:24
Message: <5979aef0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.07.2017 um 05:24 schrieb Sven Littkowski:

>> At the moment, all seems to point at the pigment definition as the
>> culprit, as that's the only relevant thing we've always changed. You
>> should at least /try/ it with a plain pigment, to either confirm or
>> refute this theory.
>>
>> If you can confirm it, we know that's what we have to examine further;
>> in that case you'll probably want to post the image map at last, so that
>> we can see what might be so special about it.
>>
>> Otherwise we can be sure that it's a red herring, and that we have to
>> dig someplace else.
>>
> Nope. Here's a one-color pigment. :-(

Okay, now this leaves surprisingly few possible explanations. I can only
come up with the following:

- You might be using a rare and buggy version of POV-Ray.

To check this, I recommend you post the exact POV-Ray version number
(and let us know which operating system you're using).

- You might be using a different scene file and/or bump map image file
than those you posted.

- There might be a relevant line break introduced in your post of the
scene file that we've been overlooking.

To check these two, I recommend you temporarily rename your scene and
auxiliary files (image file and bump map), then try to re-create the
scene from your own postings and render it. You'll get parse errors,
make sure to fix only those actually reported.

- You might be using low-quality settings (`+q7` or lower).

To check this, I recommend you post the message output of the render,
and/or run the render with `+giFOO.INI` and post the generated FOO.INI here.