POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
6 May 2024 13:48:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Jul 2017 02:54:19
Message: <59798e1b@news.povray.org>
On 26-7-2017 17:42, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> On 26.07.2017 07:28, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>>

>>> I didn't change anything to your code and used the bump map provided,
>>> and this is what I get: bumps *are* visible!
>>>

>> Not entirely true ;-)
>>
>> I added:
>>
>> global_settings {
>>    assumed_gamma 1.0
>> }
>>
>> which was demanded by your kolors.inc (and for obvious reasons when
>> using version 3.7) and I provided a uniform red colour texture for the
>> balloon (as an image_map).
>>
> I am not understanding this. I added the assumed gamma (but kept the
> texture as it is), and still nothing of the bump shows! I really want to
> use an images as texture. Please try my scene with the assumed gama, and
> post the resulting image.
>
> I am attaching the scene code, the bump image, and the resulting scene
> image.

Well, I don't know what goes wrong with your render, but my render of
your code is ok.

Please note that assumed_gamma should be declared /before/ the
kolors.inc include or you while get an error message. Also note that you
have declared assumed_gamma twice inside the global_settings. However,
that is not the problem.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message