POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D/4D Mandelbrot fractal (HACK via recursive isosurface) : 3D/4D Mandelbrot fractal (HACK via recursive isosurface) Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  3D/4D Mandelbrot fractal (HACK via recursive isosurface)
From: Lars R
Date: 25 Jul 2017 22:42:57
Message: <597801b1@news.povray.org>
I wonder why there is only a 4D Julia fractal in Povray, but no 4D
Mandelbrot object. (No, the Mandelbrot pattern is not the same.)

I found a website where someone "hacked" it via isosurface and a
recursive(!) function definition. Povray warns that that is not allowed,
but … it renders the scene properly, albeit veeeerrryyy slowly.

Here is the result (after >5h 30 min render time on my MacBook, due to
Anti-aliasing) which looks pretty awesome to me.

Is it planned to add a mandelbrot object primitive to Povray someday? It
should be much faster than the isosurface.

What do you think?

		Lars R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: