POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : QUESTION: Bump not showing? : Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing? Server Time
2 May 2024 06:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: Bump not showing?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 25 Jul 2017 00:43:45
Message: <5976cc81$1@news.povray.org>
On 24.07.2017 20:27, omniverse wrote:
> Showing the render here that I was able to make using *your updated* bump_map
> file, along with the SDL I posted here before (including fixed normal
> statements).
> Replace both normal statements for outer and inner textures with this:
> normal { gradient y
> normal_map { /* 0.175 equates to 105/2 or balloon top (torus half vertical scale)
height from 0 */
>   [0.175 PositiveBump]
>   [0.175 NegativeBump]
> } // end normal_map
> scale <1,1.5*MyRadius,1> // rescale only y to fit whole balloon>
> And I regret uploading my version of the bump_map in PNG while leaving the
> resolution size large, made almost 4 MB download file. Sorry!
> I did not use reflection and radiosity, and also removed the image_map to use
> only color rgb 1 which allows seeing only the bumpiness without any other visual
> effects other than light source shadowing.

Hi, thanks. I am seeing your two bump_map declarations, but not that you
specified the bump image. I tried to incorporate everything, but still
fail (now with error message):

 normal
 {
  gradient y
  normal_map
  {
   [ 0.175 PositiveBump ]
   [ 0.175 NegativeBump ]
  }
  bump_map { png "H:\My Documents\My Pictures\POV-Ray\Space - Launcher -
Balloon - Type 001 - Moon Runnings - Balloon BumpMap.png" map_type 1
once bump_size 150.0 }
  scale < 1.0, 1.5*MyRadius, 1.0 >
 }

---