POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : smooth gradient color_map : Re: smooth gradient color_map Server Time
2 May 2024 18:42:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth gradient color_map
From: jr
Date: 23 Jul 2017 07:00:23
Message: <597481c7$1@news.povray.org>
hi,

On 23/07/2017 09:33, omniverse wrote:
> BTW, good luck jr!
> Bob

cheers.  :-)

On 23/07/2017 03:04, Alain wrote:
> If you want the long and painfull way...:

lol, I suppose so.  I've been toying around with the info and tips given
in this thread and now think that it might be better to generate the
color_map only after I know the voxel size (ie octets), to allow for the
increases in the value ranges.

I've posted an example from a WIP script which builds a 255 entry map,
using a handful of colours cyclically, using a method somewhere between
Kurtz le pirate's and yours.  getting there for 8-bit data but the same
map produces just not enough detail when applied to 16-bit data.

again, thanking all who chipped in.
jr.