POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Been There Done That : Re: Been There Done That Server Time
3 May 2024 01:39:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Been There Done That
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Jul 2017 03:09:33
Message: <59671cad$1@news.povray.org>
On 12-7-2017 21:10, omniverse wrote:

>>> perhaps not a hoody.  perhaps a tall pith helmet...
>>
>> Exactly.
>
> Ah ha! I was convincing myself it was pareidolia, seeing something recognizable
> in random shapes.

The figure is indeed at the limit of visibility.

> And I was sure that enormous cliff in the distance was up in space, although I
> didn't think so until I looked over the whole thing in the sky. It was almost
> like a far away mountain before that, but it was the vast size and distance
> perception along with the vertical nature that changed my mind.

Yes. I had the vague notion to have that landscape to look at, and then
suddenly to discover there was something gigantic in the background,
hardly seen but instantly overwhelming. It is not yet there imo.

> I like Bald Eagle's idea about image construct. I've rendered scenes from
> another view anyway, to get a better look at how parts are put together, and it
> can appear like a tabletop model of a scene.

It certainly is an idea I want to pursue further.

--
Thomas