POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Been There Done That : Re: Been There Done That Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:58:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Been There Done That
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Jul 2017 03:01:53
Message: <59671ae1$1@news.povray.org>
On 12-7-2017 13:53, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Very nice!  :)
>
> I think that a tweak or two of the lighting / finish of your mesh mountain would
> bring the bulk of that feature out enough for the highlights to not be as
> disembodied / distracting.

Indeed. The whole point is to keep the cliff /behind/ the media but its
present geometry does not go well with the light direction. And its
geometry is not exactly what I intended either. So there is more work to do.

> The skeletons are a great feature - I suppose they are a mesh / 3D model...

Yes, Poser models.

> Not that you really ought to, (just thinking out loud) but it would be
> interesting to see a "diagram" of the scenes like this - perhaps from a
> different perspective - with just plain pigment {Hue} texturing and very very
> simple geometry.  Maybe some thin cylinders to show the direction of the light
> source[s].
>
> Kind of like an instructional sketch that you might find in a computer graphics
> textbook or the POV-Ray docs...

That would be an interesting exercise. I shall think about it.

> Another great scene from the Adventures of the Major  :)

Yes. It is high time I also model some other poses too. I have been a
bit lazy about him ;-)

--
Thomas