POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Clockless_Animation : Re: Clockless_Animation Server Time
14 May 2024 21:07:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clockless_Animation
From: clipka
Date: 2 Jul 2017 16:04:33
Message: <595951d1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.07.2017 um 18:02 schrieb Kenneth:

> From visiting the UberPOV Github repository here...
>
> https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV
>
> ... I'm honestly not sure how to download it, or which of the separate components
> are needed. I assume that this is the Windows version(?) Does it need to be
> *compiled* on my end? I don't see a clearly-labeled Windows executable there.

As guessed by Stephen, that would be the source package, which you
/could/ use to compile UberPOV from source codes.

To be precise, it would be the source package of the development branch,
with the latest changes, which is usually not what you want: Even if you
did intend to build from source code, you'd normally want an iteration
of the source code that has a well-defined version number associated,
which you can find at:

https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV/releases

There, for each such well-defined version you'll again find at least the
corresponding source code package (in both zip and tar.gz format), but
usually also pre-built Windows binaries.

I guess I should overhaul the `README.md` file (which is displayed at
the bottom of https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV) to include an obvious
link to the releases section; as soon as I find the time of course.