POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Curve fitting : Curve fitting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Curve fitting
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Jun 2008 10:36:45
Message: <594t44hfs6cuejciibnd0vrnkve4q303jl@4ax.com>
Does anyone know of free software :) that will give me an equation
from a set of data points?
I've been using Excel's trendline but the equation it returns
sometimes fits but often is way out. I've got a series of translations
and rotations from PoserPhysics that I want to convert into some
equations so I can replicate them in Bishop3D. (Bishop3D does not have
the function to load an input file, yet. It does have the ability to
create the points from a polynomial equation) I'll copy a short
extract below. Excel gives good results up to Frame #22 then gives
nothing useful afterwards. I've been splitting the data into sections.
Of course maybe I'm not very good with excel.

Frame	Yposition
0	3.4884
1	3.4822
2	3.4652