POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Port of FS85 - Aspect ratio issues #284 : Re: Port of FS85 - Aspect ratio issues #284 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Port of FS85 - Aspect ratio issues #284
From: Benjamin Chambers
Date: 22 Jun 2017 18:00:48
Message: <594c3e10$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/22/2017 2:41 PM, clipka wrote:
> In an ideal world, I think we would have a means to specify the aspect
> ratio in the scene file, and specify only the horizontal or vertical
> resolution via INI or command-line parameters, and have the other
> dimension computed automatically.

Thinking about it more, I think I'd be in agreement with this method.
More precisely, let user specify 2 pieces of information out of width,
height, and aspect ratio for the viewport.

On the rendering end, you could either specify just the width/height
(and use the default for the others from the scene), or you could
specify both width/height to override the scene-specified aspect ratio.