POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gem settings: opinions wanted : Re: Gem settings: opinions wanted Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gem settings: opinions wanted
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 19 Jun 2017 13:08:12
Message: <594804fc@news.povray.org>
On 2017-06-17 07:11 AM, Stephen wrote:
> I prefer the ones with the silver base as I fancy it might reflect light
> back into the gem. So for a round cut stone I prefer A and C for a
> square cut stone.
> Then I remembered my wife has a ring with a similar setting.
>
> So I took a couple of photographs with my old camera.
>
> I'll post them in OT so they will disappear in a fortnight.

You've given me a lot to think about; thanks.  I suppose I should thank
Steve Paget as well.

Here are a couple more ideas.  They are both plan E because the same
macro is used for both renders, but with different arguments.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'setting_survey-e1.jpg' (46 KB) Download 'setting_survey-e2.jpg' (46 KB)

Preview of image 'setting_survey-e1.jpg'
setting_survey-e1.jpg

Preview of image 'setting_survey-e2.jpg'
setting_survey-e2.jpg