POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gem settings: opinions wanted : Re: Gem settings: opinions wanted Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:48:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gem settings: opinions wanted
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jun 2017 07:11:59
Message: <59450e7f@news.povray.org>
On 6/17/2017 3:29 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Round brilliant models are a dime a dozen, but I've never seen settings
> modeled, so I figured I would do it.  I'm satisfied with the prongs, but
> I don't know how these things attach to the ring.  (Web image searches
> haven't helped, because in most of the images, the gem blocked the base
> of the setting, and when this wasn't the case, the setting was way too
> fancy for my goal.)
>
> I have four models for the base of the setting.  Which do you think is
> the best, and do you have any better ideas?

I prefer the ones with the silver base as I fancy it might reflect light
back into the gem. So for a round cut stone I prefer A and C for a
square cut stone.
Then I remembered my wife has a ring with a similar setting.

So I took a couple of photographs with my old camera.

I'll post them in OT so they will disappear in a fortnight.

--

Regards
     Stephen