POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gem settings: opinions wanted : Gem settings: opinions wanted Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:49:59 EDT (-0400)
  Gem settings: opinions wanted
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 16 Jun 2017 22:29:20
Message: <59449400@news.povray.org>
Round brilliant models are a dime a dozen, but I've never seen settings
modeled, so I figured I would do it.  I'm satisfied with the prongs, but
I don't know how these things attach to the ring.  (Web image searches
haven't helped, because in most of the images, the gem blocked the base
of the setting, and when this wasn't the case, the setting was way too
fancy for my goal.)

I have four models for the base of the setting.  Which do you think is
the best, and do you have any better ideas?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'setting_survey-a.jpg' (45 KB) Download 'setting_survey-b.jpg' (44 KB) Download 'setting_survey-c.jpg' (45 KB) Download 'setting_survey-d.jpg' (44 KB)

Preview of image 'setting_survey-a.jpg'
setting_survey-a.jpg

Preview of image 'setting_survey-b.jpg'
setting_survey-b.jpg