POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.7.0.1? : Re: POV-Ray 3.7.0.1? Server Time
4 May 2024 14:10:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7.0.1?
From: clipka
Date: 19 May 2017 13:28:27
Message: <591f2b3b@news.povray.org>
Am 19.05.2017 um 05:32 schrieb debguy:

> I also released a sub-version of 3.6.1 which compiles on newer linux and Apple
> Sierra OS without any dependancies (no need to install macports or X to compile
> and use).  just fixed a few things in makefiles.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/povray-3-6-1-1/

Did you obtain express permission from Chris Cason?

If not, then you really should REVOKE that version IMMEDIATELY, and also
take down the "povray 3.6.1.1 raytracer Web Site"!

As it is right now, you are DEFINITELY in violation of the 3.6 license,
and I'm pretty sure you're also in violation of trademark law!

(For the records: I'm not speaking on behalf of Persistence of Vision
Raytracer Pty. Ltd., the owner of the "POV-Ray" trademark. Technically,
I'm just a very active contributor.)