POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Reds Are Coming... : Re: The Reds Are Coming... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:49:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Reds Are Coming...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 May 2017 03:18:10
Message: <591e9c32$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-5-2017 14:05, Simon J. Cambridge wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Again, going back to basics, I tried something else as well. I suppose I was
> inspired here by a teenage visit to Brezhnev's russia, and all those heroic
> posters embalzoned on the walls, in the squares and on the underground. If you
> have heroes, pose them dramatically, that's what I say! I was tempted to have
> Lenin ordering a taxi somewhere, but decided against it.
>
> I also have a liking for Art-Deco, which is why all the reflective surfaces and
> the design of the sky-ships and the helms. Too much 'Flash Gordon' at saturday
> morning pictures, perhaps.
>
> Anyway! What do you think?
>
> (Again, no radiosity and only two light sources and I messed with the contrast a
> little post render.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon.
>
> http://www.landofthefirst.com/

Reading the title, I was at first tempted to frantically look for the
"What to do if..." booklets.  :-)

I like the scene but a bit less than the previous one. I think this is
due to the extremely high reflectivity of the body armour and weapons.
While I can understand the military reason for that (blind your enemies!
or make yourself 'invisible' like skyscrapers with reflective curtain
walls) this is a bit counter-productive here, especially the army in the
background. Maybe do something about the atmosphere which tends to blur
all colours a bit too much.

--
Thomas