POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.7.0.1? : Re: POV-Ray 3.7.0.1? Server Time
4 May 2024 07:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7.0.1?
From: clipka
Date: 18 May 2017 13:23:26
Message: <591dd88e@news.povray.org>
Am 18.05.2017 um 16:38 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> Le 18/05/2017 à 13:13, clipka a écrit :
>> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>>> After almost a week with no Internet, and eager to see what beta 7 has
>>> to offer, I spotted a POV-Ray 3.7.0.1 tag.  What's that about?
>>
>> That's a maintenance update of the good old POV-Ray 3.7.0 source code, to make
>> it compile on modern build environments (most notably eliminating
>> incompatibilities with C++11, but also with modern Automake versions on Unix,
>> modern Boost versions, and other some such). Those updates had been made a while
>> ago already, but I tagged the code in GitHub only recently.
>>
>> There's also a 3.7.0.2, but I'm noticing right now that I haven't pushed the tag
>> to our official repository yet.
>>
>> There are no corresponding official binaries, because there are no differences
>> in functionality to the original 3.7.0[.0].
>
> For the 3.7-stable branch, it does not compile (anymore) with modern gcc
> (yet).

Thanks for letting me know.

I thought I had just fixed all issues of the kind reported by user
"crystal" on povray.unix, but apparently I've missed the OpenEXR code.
Turns out that the Travis CI Mac OS X environment we're using for our
test builds - the warnings of which I used to identify the offending
statements in the code - doesn't have the OpenEXR libraries installed,
so I didn't get the warnings for those.

Apparently "crystal" also didn't have the OpenEXR libs installed, as he
reported the changes as successful.

For the records, what g++ version did you use for your tests?