POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A touch of the Beksinki's : Re: A touch of the Beksinki's Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:39:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A touch of the Beksinki's
From: Stephen
Date: 15 May 2017 07:37:00
Message: <591992dc$1@news.povray.org>

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray/Sample_Materials#Skin_Light

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray/Sample_Materials#Linen

>> but mostly it looks too plain, so it would benefit changing its
>> reflection model
>> to oren nayar with a very high sigma, using a uv mapped fabric micro knit
>> element as bump map.
>>

> If I may comment, I am afraid those changes would destroy the
> intentional 'blandness' of the scene, as far as I can judge.

Ouch!
But I know what you mean. I think it is the sort of image. That if you
add a bit more detail to one part. It will put the image out of balance
and you will need to add more detail elsewhere.
I think the image is finished the way it is. At least this version is. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen