POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sphere_sweep 3.7 beta 6 artifacts : Re: sphere_sweep 3.7 beta 6 artifacts Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep 3.7 beta 6 artifacts
From: clipka
Date: 15 May 2017 01:58:35
Message: <5919438b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.05.2017 um 07:25 schrieb omniverse:
> Told of at the beta test group, beta 6 release messages.
>
> This image shows (Windows) official 3.7 rendering at top, beta 6 bottom. Both
> are from the 64 bit program, and I haven't tried anything else.

This is a known regression, and will possibly /not/ be fixed in the
final 3.7.1.

The background story is that these artifacts had been around in 3.6
already. We did make an attempt to fix them in 3.7.0, but we found out
just recently that in doing so we had broken other things.

So we removed the fix in beta 6, and are now back at square 1.

The sphere sweep updates in beta 7 are unrelated to these artifacts.