POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Lookout : Re: The Lookout Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:43:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Lookout
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 May 2017 02:48:08
Message: <5917fda8$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-5-2017 14:37, omniverse wrote:
>> An image loosely inspired by C.J. Cherryh's trilogy The Faded Sun.
>>
>> In total, three different height_fields have been used. The central
>> height_field (with the peak) itself consists of a union of three copies,
>> each scaled differently along the y-axis, in order to show more
>> differentiation in the different levels, especially the peaks and the
>> sub-horizontal surfaces.
>>
>> Proximity patterns used for the landscape textures.
>
> Makes it a good dry parched land, yet hinting at water someplace.
>
> As with most pictures posted here I look at least twice, which is why I noticed
> the lizard the 2nd time. At least I'm guessing that's a lizard. The avian flock
> was taking all my attention away from it.
>
> Bob

Have you seen the film 'Turner', about the famous painter? There is a
scene where Turner shows his "Hannibal crossing the Alps" to a visitor
and his father asks the visitor: "Have you seen the elephant?"

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/turner-snow-storm-hannibal-and-his-army-crossing-the-alps-n00490

--
Thomas