POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Final) : Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Final) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:49:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Final)
From: Stephen
Date: 5 May 2017 14:55:59
Message: <590ccabf$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/5/2017 6:15 PM, Dave Blandston wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> Thanks.
>> I think it would be better as a screen saver.
>> Maybe a bit of bloom on the grapes and the odd lens flare here and there?
>
> Do you mean add animated lens flares? Or do you mean just have the picture
> appear when the screen saver activates? I think you're right if that's what you
> mean because the picture is very "busy" for a desktop background.

I did mean have the picture appear when the screen saver activates. And
as a contrast to the rest of the image. Also make the grapes
photorealistic with a static lens flair. I don't know if it would work
but I can see it in my minds eye. Just a bit surrealistic.

>> I really want to mention the Green "C" but I don't know how to without
>> being very rude.
>
> You will not hurt my feelings, and if you find something offensive about the
> picture then there may be a miscommunication and I will clarify the intended
> meaning. Feel free to make whatever comments come to mind. In fact, I'm curious
> to hear what your concern is!

I have no concerns. It is just my "wrong side of the tracks" mindset. :)

 From my understanding Americans don't use the "C" word as a swear word.
In the UK we do. But Shakespeare says it better than I do, in Twelfth
Night (Act 2 Scene 5)

MALVOLIO
(picking up the letter) My goodness, this is my lady’s handwriting.

These are her C’s, her U’s and her T’s, and that’s how she makes her big
P’s. It’s definitely her handwriting, no doubt about it.

Yes, you can get away with anything by blaming it on Shakespeare. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen