POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) : Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) Server Time
3 May 2024 12:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...)
From: Stephen
Date: 4 May 2017 13:51:04
Message: <590b6a08$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/4/2017 1:58 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> On 2017-05-03 10:55 AM (-4), Stephen wrote:

> It's the same in the southeastern USA, and most rural parts of the USA
> as well.  In the global context, western Europe's non-religiosity is
> actually an anomaly.

It is. Just a blip in a long history of oppression. IMO
Long may it reign.

> In the Virgin Islands, Obeah is also not spoken of--except by Christian
> priests who pointedly remind us that they know damn well that we're
> doing it.

That sounds right. But the only person I've known from the (B)VI was
white, rich and posh. So she doesn't count. </Boak*>
In fact the only place I've heard it talked about it was in in Nigeria.
And that was Juju.
In Kingston, no one mentioned the name but after I showed my power
(don't ask but if I were a woman I would have been a spaewife, it is a
long story) lots of people spoke to me.

>>> That's a matter of perspective.  As a black American, I cannot look at
>>> "wholesome" '50s images without being reminded of the hidden ugly
>>> reality behind them.
>>
>> That is not surprising. I remember from the the race riots of the 60's
>> the contrasting images. Thank goodness that things have changed and will
>> only get better under your present government. ;)
>
> :-P

It makes me feel sick* and I don't live there.

* same meaning.

--

Regards
     Stephen