POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) : Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:33:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 May 2017 03:13:17
Message: <5909830d@news.povray.org>
On 2-5-2017 22:37, Dave Blandston wrote:
> Hi Folks!
>
> This is a fun project using my Bordered Characters macros. I'm curious if anyone
> has any suggestions for improvement.

It is looking great already. The user's quote use reminds me of
something more 1940's or 1950's, although it still pops up in ads now
and then. It might be my own bias ;-)  However, could you give the scene
a period look? I am thinking specifically about those Coke ads of the 50's.

[snip]

> PS - I'm not sure if the phrase "Drink the Kool-Aid" is known worldwide, so for
> anyone unfamiliar with it the historical context is from the Jonestown, Guyana
> mass suicide incident in which hundreds of people knowingly drank grape Kool-Aid
> poisoned with cyanide. The poison Kool-Aid was in a vat labeled with a green
> "C." Since then the term has been used to describe the act of compromising one's
> integrity and adopting the unethical standards and methods of those in power in
> order to advance within some corrupt organization.

I had been unaware of that /detail/.

--
Thomas