POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Differencing a cubic sphere sweep - artifact problem! : Re: Differencing a cubic sphere sweep - artifact problem! Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:02:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Differencing a cubic sphere sweep - artifact problem!
From: clipka
Date: 2 May 2017 14:26:31
Message: <5908cf57$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.05.2017 um 18:35 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> Le 01/05/2017 à 18:19, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
>
>> * sphere sweep: removed the preliminary workaround for FS#81 (not
>> effective, was adding noise)
>
> And also, REMOVE THAT FS#81 PATCH which do no good.

I was about to press "send" on a passionate defense of that patch just
now, when something crossed my mind.

Can you confirm my hunch that all use cases where the patch negatively
impacts quality are cases where we see the sphere sweep's inside?

Other than that, I'm at a loss how the patch could possibly have any
negative impact.